Building on the success of the Good Egg and last year’s Good Chicken Awards, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Good Dairy Awards. Fulfilling the criteria for the Good Dairy Award is more involved than the Good Egg and Good Chicken Awards and is split into two main areas; dairy cows and dairy calves. Companies will receive a Commendation for achieving either route or a full Award for both.
Our aim is to improve the lives of dairy cows and calves
By awarding and recognising companies committed to ensuring high levels of welfare throughout their supply chain, via progressive schemes that are both measurable and ensure tangible, sustained improvements for cows and calves.
To directly encourage
- Access to good quality grazing which forms a significant part of the dairy cow ration and supports appropriate milk yields.
- The use of non-replacement dairy calves in the meat supply chain via high welfare systems.
To indirectly encourage
- Milk from dedicated supply chains.
- Robust breeding programmes that enhance the health and longevity of the dairy cow.
- Breeding for acceptable conformation in the non-replacement dairy calf.
Click here to find out more about the Good Dairy Award.